Youth Ministry & Confirmation
For more comprehensive information regarding Teen ministry (Jr. High and High School) at St. Joseph Fremont, please visit our alternate website http://bit.ly/PrymerYouth. And don't forget to bookmark it.
Registration forms for 2017-2018 are now online
Jr. High Youth Ministry
Confirmation Year 1
Confirmation Year 2
Prymer Youth Ministry
1. Attend ALL 4 sessions of Confirmation Super Saturdays (9:00am -3:15pm).
October 14, 2017 – Session 1
November 19, 2017 – Session 2
March 24, 2018 – Session 3
April 28, 2018 – Session 4
2. Complete 10 hours of Church Service (service within any ministry at St. Joseph Fremont). A form is made available to track the hours. Service hours must be confirmed by signature by supervisor/director or lead of the event or ministry activity. Download the form HERE
Dates/opportunities will be announced throughout the year.
3. Attend a minimum of 15 sessions of Sunday Prymer Youth Ministry (Unity Days are mandatory and can be included in the 15). Teens are highly encouraged to attend more sessions though.
Prymer Youth Ministry
meetings occur on Sundays from 7:30 - 9:00pm in the parish hall following the 6:30pm Youth mass. Prymer gives teens an opportunity to explore their faith, learn in community, and serve. We hope and pray to help ignite the flame of faith in the lives of our teens, so that they can lead faith-filled lives.
At the 6:30pm mass, teens are welcome to sit together in the first few pews, for the 'up, close, and personal' experience of our Catholic worship. They can also serve at the mass in the capacity of Lectors, Collections, Altar Servers, Choir, and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (for those already confirmed).
Unity Days occur once a month. All of our Youth Ministry
entities (EDGE, Prymer, Confirmation) for a day of spirit and fellowship. Teams or Unity as they are called, compete in fun activities like Dodgeball or Relay Races, and they build bonds of friendships and community as young people. They happen usually on the last Sunday of the month, in lieu of the regular Prymer session on that evening.
4. **Confirmation 2nd year only** - Attend overnight Retreat in the Santa Cruz Mountains: Date is TBD
Sunday Night Youth Nights
If you are a teenager, please come and join us! Jon Manongdo is the Director of Youth Ministry
and can be easily reached at 510-657-0905.
The Youth Ministry/Confirmation program is looking for people excited to share their faith and experiences with young people. We are seeking help in the following areas::
- Finance and Fundraising for the Office of Youth and Confirmation
- Young Adult Peer Ministry to High School Teens (YAs ministering to Teens)
- High School Peer ministry to Jr. High Tweens (Confirmed HS students ministering to Jr. High)
- Parental Life Support (Parent Volunteers)
- Spirit Leaders & Social Event Organizers
If you have the skills and the will to serve in these capacities, please contact the Youth Office at email@example.com
or by calling 510.657.0905. Lastly, please don’t forget to pray for our young people, that their faith continue to guide them to good decisions and character.